The Persians will start with a Shah (King) and 1 Mullah (imam). Persian villagers will start with only 40% hp but will compensate with strong economy & powerful Shah (hero-unit)
The Muslim conquest of Persia in 7th century AD fragmented the Iranian lands into the hands of their new masters. 200 years of silence passed under the new Arab rulers before Iran could reemerge again -though Islamized- as a separate, different and distinctive new empire. Many dynasties ruled Persia, but none as powerful & important as the Safavid Dynasty!
1501 A.D, decline of the Timurid Empire : the politically divided Persia has devastated the empire. Only a powerful Shah can keep the fragmented empire held together.
- Civ Bonus (Pros & Cons)
• Khums (Fifth) - Gold Collecting: Khums is a 20% religious obligation tax that must be paid on all people's income. It is a unique ability to collect gold from villagers by Allamah : Every villager will increase Allamah's gold trickle by a small percentage. On the other hand the villager gather rate will also be decreased by 20%.
• Persian Mill : a unique building for Persian that will act as a livestock-pen. This building can be configured either to 1) spawn free 300 food crates every 2.5 or 2) auto-gather food at 1.5/second. Additionally, farms built near the Persian Mill with produce small amount of food.
• Rug Workshop & Rug Market : a rug workshop will replace the European plantation. A rug market will is a unique building that can be configured to produce extra gold through either wholesale (auto-gather gold) or retail (spawn gold crates).
• Khan (or Caravensari): Persians can build a "Caravensari" instead of saloon which train mercenaries but with a little twist: if you build it near a trade route it will act as a regular TP as it can receive resources.
• Shrines : villagers & mullahs can pray in the shrines to collect faith.
• Unique Resources : Faith.
- coming soon.
Home City : Isfahan
Homeland : Middle East
Language : Persian
Isfahan (Persian Capitol) at night